This soup can be whipped up fairly quickly, plus its Whole 30 approved!
Serves 4 People
Cook Time: 30-45 Minutes
- 1 Lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Egg
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- Black Pepper – To Taste
- 2 Tbsp. of Ghee
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee
- 1/2 Onion – Diced
- 4 Large Carrots – Chopped
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Cups of Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Bunch of Kale – De-stemmed and Chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes (for Garnish)
- Fresh Parsley (Chopped for Garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, meat, egg, flour, garlic salt and herbs – mix well. Then roll in to 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of Ghee in a large skillet on Medium-High
- Add meatballs and cook until all sides or brown and meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs cook, heat 2 tbsp. of Ghee in a large soup pot. Add onions and carrots and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic – cook till fragrant.
- Add bay leaves, broth and meatballs. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Kale – cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with garnish of parsley and red pepper flakes (for spice!)
Recipe inspiration from Savorylotus.com