Spinach, Ricotta & Parmesan Ravioli
To make the pasta please follow my pasta recipe: Homemade Pasta Recipe
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 1/3 Cup grated parmesan
- 1 lb spinach (stems removed, washed and patted dry)
- 2 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
**Make filling while dough rests in refrigerator
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat, then toss in the garlic and sautéed until slight browned.
- Add spinach and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add butter and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter has melted, strain out the liquid from the spinach and chop the spinach roughly.
- In a bowl, mix the Ricotta and Parmesan together in a bowl, then add the spinach mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In the meantime, take pasta out of the fridge and work to roll the dough out into a thin sheet using a pasta machine.
- Lay thin pasta sheet out, spoon the filling onto the pasta sheet in even intervals, then brush around the filling with egg, then cover with another pasta sheet, and press down around each pocket of filling. ** Try to get rid of any air pockets in the filling bubble.
- Finally, cut the ravioli into individual pieces… ( I used a pie crust cutter to cut the pasta).
- Repeat process until all dough and filling is used.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then add in the ravioli for 2 minutes… (ravioli should float to the top when done).
- Add your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- For a pesto sauce see my recipe: Pesto Cream Sauce
Pesto Cream Sauce – Pinot and Pasta
[…] Tastes great with my homemade ravioli! See recipe: Spinach, Ricotta & Parmesan Ravioli […]