Shrimp & Prosciutto Pasta
While pasta may not be the most healthy thing in the world, there are some ways you can make it healthier. Pasta is my favorite thing to eat and this recipe packs on flavor, fill that pasta void all while being fairly healthy (for a pasta dish).
Serving Size: 2 People
- 2 Cups Spinach (course chop)
- 1/2 Cup Prosciutto (Chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- (Tip: get the jarred chopped garlic, saves time and lasts a long time)
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee (or butter, but ghee is a healthier alternative)
- 1/2 Lb. Shrimp (Peeled, deveined)
- For a healthier twist use whole grain or a veggie pasta – I used “Supergreen” Spinach Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil (Or regular Olive Oil)
- 1 tbsp. Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Parmesan (To Taste)
- Option: Red Pepper Flakes (For a little Spice!)
- Boil a large pot of water (for pasta)
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan on medium high with 1 tbsp. of Avocado Oil, then add prosciutto and cook for about 4 minutes till its crispy. Set aside.
- In the same pan (once prosciutto has been removed) add 1 tbsp. of ghee and shrimp.
- Cook shrimp 3 minutes on each side.
- After flipping shrimp – add garlic and lemon juice, Salt and Pepper.
- When shrimp becomes opaque colored add spinach & capers – cook for 1 minute then add chicken stock.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, add pasta and parsley stir to combine.
- Finish off with parmesan and red pepper flakes.