Rosé gives this classic Italian dish a sweet and delightful change, while still allowing you to enjoy the traditional lemon-buttery flavors. In this recipe, I am including some healthier alternatives along with the other options you could use which might already be in your pantry!
Serves 2 People
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup Flour (Almond Flour, if you want to make a smidge healthier)
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (Or Olive Oil)
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee (or regular butter)
- 3 Gloves of garlic (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Pink Peppercorns
- 1/2 Cup of Rosé (I prefer dry wines when cooking)
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice (About 1 full lemon)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Butterfly each chicken breast (cut it completely in half horizontally) then pound the chicken breast till then and even thickness.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, then dredge the chicken in flour and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with your avocado oil. Once the pan is heated, add chicken breast and cook for about 4 minutes per side, till done.
- Place the chicken on a separate plate to rest.
- Add the ghee to the pan and let it melt. Then add the garlic and pink peppercorns. Stir until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the Rosé and lemon juice, let simmer and cook down until reduced by half. (Roughly 5 minutes)
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat with the sauce.
- Serve on a platter, and pour the extra sauce over the top.
- Finally garnish with parsley and enjoy!