Protein Banana Nut Muffins
Prep Time: 10 Minutes // Baking Time: 20 Minutes // Makes 12 Muffins
These muffins are super easy to make and so TASTY plus at about 110 Calories per muffin, its a great healthy snack! (Macros listed at the bottom).
- 2 Large Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Non-Fat Milk (or a milk alternative)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Use a no-added sugar one like “Enjoy Life”
- 1.5 Scoop of Protein Powder of choice
- I used 1st Phorm German Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 Cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stitck spray or line with cupcake liners
- In a mixer or food processor blend bananas, eggs, syrup, coconut oil, milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and protein powder until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups with batter (about 3/4 filled) and top with shredded coconut
- Bake for 20 minutes until you can poke a tooth pick in the center of muffin and it comes out clean!
- Let cool and enjoy!
MACROS PER MUFFIN:
114 Calories // 10g Carbs // 6g Fat // 5g Protein