Nothing makes a pie better than a homemade pie crust. Here is my mom’s recipe for a delicious and flaky pie crust!
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Crisco
- 1/2 cup ice water
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl
- Cut butter and Crisco in small pieces, then add to flour mixture.
- Use 2 knives to cut butter into flour (butter should be the size of peas).
- Add ice water – 1 tbsp at a time and fluff the water with a fork.
- WHen you get the pie crust to start coming together gather into 2 balls.
- Cover crust in plastic wrap and press into discs.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
Then use your favorite Pie recipe (or one of mine) and follow the baking directions!