Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pie
A pumpkin version of the Whoopie you know and love! Plus, they are mini, so less guilt right?
Ingredients for Cookies:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Stick of butter, softened (1/2 Cup)
- 2 Large Eggs – room temperature
- 1 Cup 100% Pure Pumpkin (I recommend Libby’s)
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 6 Tbsp. Butter – Softened
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Directions For Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined (about 2 minutes on medium). Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and Vanilla Extract, beat on medium until smooth
- Stir in dry mixture until combined.
- Drop about a small cookie scoop or tbsp. onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, should be springy to the touch. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack.
Directions for Filling:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a tsp. of filling onto flat side of one cookie, top with the flat side of the second cookie to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies
- If you plan on storing – are sure to store in a sealed contained in the refrigerator.