This recipe is fairly easy, low on ingredients and healthy! WIN WIN WIN!!!!
- Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts (Chopped) (I prefer the ones in the baking section of the Market)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 4 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Tenderize chicken
- Place one sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap on the counter, place chicken on top then place another piece of parchment paper on top of chicken.
- Use the flat side of a meat tenderizer to pound down on the chicken evenly till its thinned about half in size.
- Cut breasts into smaller pieces ( I usually cut them in half because they have expanded in size, and its easier and faster to cook thoroughly if its a smaller piece).
- Heat a large pan on medium heat with 2tbsp. of Canola oil.
- In a dish whisk two eggs for your egg wash.
- In a separate dish combine Panko Bread Crumbs, Chopped Nuts and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a piece of chicken, submerge it in the egg wash (so the entire piece gets covered with the wash.)
- Transfer to dry mix (Bread Crumbs & Nuts) cover both sides with mixture then place in the pan. (Should take roughly 5-7 minute to cook, make sure you flip the chicken half way through).
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 till all of your chicken is done.
What did I pair with my chicken?
Grilled Lemon Asparagus