A delicious quick, easy and healthy chicken dish! I used inspiration from Aida Mollenkamp’s ‘Food Network’ recipe… but made a few of my own changes!
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken meat
- Largely Diced
- Or use a meat tenderizer to make the pieces thinner
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts (canned or jarred)
- 2/3 Cups Dry White Wine
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Lightly packed, thinly sliced basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is warm (shimmering) add onions and season with salt and pepper.
- When the onions start to get translucent add the chicken – cook until well browned on each side. (Roughly 5 minutes)
- Add artichoke hearts and garlic… cook until artichokes are slightly broken down.
- Add chicken stock, wine and lemon juice – scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate any browned bits.
- Cook until the alcohol smell is cooked off and the sauce has reduced a little.
- Remove from heat, stir in Lemon Zest, and Basil
- Serve and Enjoy!