Homemade Pasta Recipe
- 2 Cups flour (plus more as needed). Use all-purpose flour, preferably “oo”
- 3 Large Eggs
- Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Semolina (if making a spaghetti, or fettuccini type noodle)
- Place flour and salt in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- As the machine runs, add eggs one at a time letting it blend after each addition. Then add olive oil until dough becomes coarse and comes together when pressed into a ball, about 10 seconds.
- **do not over process, if dough is too sticky add flour (1 tbsp. at a time)
- Lightly dust work surface with flour… take dough out of food processor and knead until smooth and no longer sticky – 5 to 10 minutes
- **Put some muscle into the kneading!!!
- Shape into a disk and cover with plastic wrap – let rest for 1 hour at room temperature, or for up to 1 day in a refrigerator.
- Cut the dough into 6-8 pieces, flatten into small rectangles to fit through a pasta machine.
- Keep the dough lightly floured and run though a pasta machine (start at the widest opening and as you keep rolling the pasta through, turn the nob to make it progressively narrower)
Next few steps depend on the type of pasta you are making… following directions apply if pasta is a spaghetti, or fettucini type pasta:
- Lay pasta onto a light floured surface – toss in semolina to dry pasta – so it doesn’t stick together.
- Cook pasta in salted water for 2 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain and Serve immediately!
If you are making ravioli – see my ricotta, spinach ravioli recipe!
Spinach, Ricotta & Parmesan Ravioli – Pinot and Pasta
[…] To make the pasta please follow my pasta recipe: Homemade Pasta Recipe […]