Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Some people are overachiever’s and they use raw chicken to really get that chicken flavor in their soup. Others are impatient and just use Rotisserie chicken and chicken stock to get the chicken flavor and the chicken bites. I am one of those! This recipe is quick and easy and will definitely comfort you on a rainy day or when you’re sick.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken ( Cut the chicken off the bone and cut into bite size pieces.)
- 2 Quarts + 1 can of Swanson’s chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 carrots peeled, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 2 stalks celery, ends trimmed sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional…if you don’t like spicy skip ingredient)
- 1 tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper (Optional…if you don’t like spicy skip ingredient
- 3 Cups Egg Noodles
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add vegetables (not parsley) and cook until onions are translucent (7-8 minutes).
- Add chicken, broth, salt, pepper, cayenne, crushed red pepper and simmer untill vegetables are tender (45-60 minutes.
- Taste – Add more salt and pepper if needed
- Stir in the egg noodles nd parsley and cook untill the noodles are tender – roughly 10 minutes.
- Voila! Enjoy!