My favorite Thanksgiving dish is stuffing and this was an amazing alternative… as my mother/taste tester said, ” you don’t even miss the bread!” This is a great alternative for a grain free, gluten free, macro friendly, healthier alternative.
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 3 Cups diced yellow onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced apple (I used a honey crisp apple)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and add avocado oil.
- Add onion, celery, apple, mushrooms, cranberry, parsley and seasonings. Saute until onions and apples are soft. (5-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat
- If you do not have an oven safe skillet, transfer mix into a medium-sized oven safe baking dish. (9×9 is suggested)
- Stir in almond flour, once fully mixed slowly stir in whisked eggs.
- Bake for 45 minutes