Easy Milk Chocolate Mousse
Tried this recipe from Tina Verrelli on epicuricloud and I have to say its easy and delicious!!! Tina made a cute little Halloween version for decorations and it was easy and not a Pinterest fail! Anyone can follow this recipe!
- 1/2 Tsp. Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup + 1 tbsp. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Cold Heavy Cream
- In small liquid measuring cup stir together instant espresso powder and water until dissolved, add oil and vanilla.
- In a Food processor – add chocolate chips and process on high until finely chopped.
- In a microwaveable measuring cup combine milk, sugar and salt (use a cup that is larger than the amount, it will bubble up). Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until the sugar is dissolved. Should take 2-3 rounds.
- With the food processor (on low if you have speed settings) slowly add the hot milk mixture until the chocolate is melted… then add the espresso mixture in a slow steady stream.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and let cool.
- Using the same food processor (no need to clean) add heavy cream and process on high until whipped and thick.
- When chocolate mixture is cool, fold in half of the whipped cream… once mixed in fold in the other half until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into 4-6 dishes and refrigerate until chilled.
- **can make up to 2-days in advance!