This is the Cherry Pie my mom has been making my whole life and the only pie my brother will make! It’s not too sweet and OH SO DELICIOUS!
- Recipe Of Pie Crust: Mom’s Pie Crust
- 4 Cups Drained Tart Cherries (Some juice will remain)
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweet & Tart Cherries
- 1/4 Tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Instant Tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Egg
- Raw Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Follow directions for pie crust (can make this 1 day ahead and refrigerate)
- Once pie crust dough is done, in a medium bowl mix together Tart Cherries, Frozen Cherry mix and almond extract.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and tapioca.
- Add sugar mixture to cherries, gently mix and let sit.
- Roll out pie dough.
- Place pie dough in a pie plate and trim to 1/2″ beyond the pie plate.
- Pour Cherry Filling into dough filled pie plate.
- Cut 1 Tbsp. of unsalted butter into small cubes and place throughout cherry filling.
- Roll out remaining dough and weave into a lattice design.
- Take one egg white and whip until frothy. Brush egg white onto crust then sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- Place Pie on a foil rimmed baking sheet and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 Minutes – until slow bubbles form around the edge of the filling
- **Check after 30 minutes… if crust is getting too brown turn oven down to 275 degrees.
- Let cool and enjoy!