SO FREAKING EASY AND SOOOOOOO GOOD! This recipe literally screams fall and is a great side dish addition for thanksgiving or simply with any fall dish.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 Cup of Wild Rice
- I used a Brown Rice Medley from Trader Joes, but any sort of wild rice will work – I recommend not using the instant rice but user preference.
- Chicken Bone Broth (use this instead of the water – amount depends on the rice directions, varies per brand and type)
- 2 TBSP. Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 3 Cups of diced butternut squash
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup of toasted pecans
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- In a small pot cook rice and bone broth according to direction on the rice packaging.
- Meanwhile – Dice butternut squash
- Preheat a large skillet on medium, add oil.
- Add butternut squash, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute for 10 minutes, till soft.
- While the squash is cooking, add pecans to an oven safe dish and toast for about 5 minutes
- Add dried cranberries to skillet and mix with butternut squash
- Once the rice is done add to butternut squash and cranberry mixture. Once fully mixed, stir in red wine vinegar and honey.
- Chop toasted pecans and sprinkle on top of the squash/rice mixture.